Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Banner saga 3 officially announced!

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1

Cool Banner saga 3 officially announced!

We're proud to announce our Banner Saga 3 KickStarter is now live.

We're working toward the ending of this trilogy and need your help to give you the ending you deserve. Let's work together to make this Saga truly epic!

Head to the link below to learn more and hit that share button to help us spread the word!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../banner-saga-3

If you've already backed the Trilogy via the Banner Saga 1 Kickstarter (at the $50+ level), we'll send you a digital download of Banner Saga 3 when it launches.

If you would like to receive any of the rewards listed in this campaign, you need only choose one and we'll make sure you have a extra $20 credit in PledgeManager after the campaign ends. You'll end up with an extra key for Banner Saga 3, which you can share with a friend, as well as the $20 credit to use however you see fit on extra prizes and goods!

On a personal note: although I've only been with Stoic for a few months, I'm already incredibly impressed and grateful with this community for being amazingly supportive and encouraging!

Thank you all for your contribution to making this epic trilogy amazing. Let's finish strong!

Good luck you Stoic guys. You know you got my pledge

You can also refer to this recent interview by John, on the reasons of their return to Kickstarter.

Together we stand, divided we fall.

After just getting back into the series and seeing how the second game plays out i'm beyond excited to see the game become a trilogy!

Of course I'm in! Looking forward to re-connecting with the community.
    Let the Sleeping Dog Lie!

See my album of Banner Saga crests here. Many thanks to everyone who displays my work!

Backed, of course Hopefully this brings some people back to the forums.

I have had plenty of kind words for you, Stoic(s), and sometimes also sincere criticism on some aspects of the game or on how things were handled (not liked much the QA and the lack of communication, but they're mistakes already known).

I've pestered John with questions and bug\inconsistency\suggestion reports and also took my chances at modding myself some of them, innocently tinkering with the exposed things in the game files.

Still thinking some things could be improved and other feel rushed, but here I am:

You have my pledge.

Not because I would like to see the ending part of the trilogy (and I faen want to!),

but because I hadn't the opportunity to support the first kickstarter campaign and looking at the entertainment I have experienced in my several hundreds hours of playing plus the uncountable time spent on modding, alternating satisfaction for a working tweak or a learned thing to frustration when, I hit the limit of my (limited) skills or technical walls, I think you fully earned it.

Being unemployed right now, it's not trivial coming up with spare bucks (damn! I still don't own a PC yet after mine melted!), you know, they don't grow on trees, but I will do my best to pledge as high as I can afford.

It will be a "Thank" ( ), so I couldn't be miser.

Keep up the good work, then make it better.

P.S.: I love the "sqiuddy" number "3".
    Last edited by YaK; 01-24-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Crazy surprise to wake up to. Instantly backed for that sweet, sweet artbook.

By the by, if we have questions/suggestions, is it better to post here or on the KS page? Mostly I just want to suggest releasing larger, full view versions of the poster artwork, so people can make a more informed decision.

That would be nice. I'm tempted to jump up to 100 for a poster (or at least do an add on) but bigger pictures would help me choose which one.

I didn't get to back the first game, having only discovered The Banner Saga just over a year ago, but as soon as I saw that TBS 3 was on kickstarter I backed it. I am definitely looking forward to the final part of this amazing story.

Also, that picture of a warped Strand is incredibly eerie.

Quote Originally Posted by Brackstone View Post
    By the by, if we have questions/suggestions, is it better to post here or on the KS page? Mostly I just want to suggest releasing larger, full view versions of the poster artwork, so people can make a more informed decision.
    I think that KS comment section will be more promptly processed. As to your question: The poster artwork is in draft version (for now) and that's why they're just showing a small preview instead of the full-thing. I suppose most of the physical updates should be considered in non-final form!

Second update has a ton of gorgeous screenshots and information on the Ravens:

"Who Are The Ravens?"

Wow, backed already on day 1. This is pretty exciting stuff! The Ravens update is full of insights and background info, definitely worth checking out.

It started with the community and it will end with the community! feels like its meant to be.
    Last edited by Khatie; 01-29-2017 at 09:04 AM.

So, game reached its funding goal of $200,000.00 a few hours ago, from over 4,000 backers And now, onto the Stretch Goals. The first one brings Dredge as playable characters in the game!

So happy to see the "The Banner Saga 3" with its Kick starter goal complete! now onto the stretch goals!

We’re already more than halfway to our first stretch goal! Stoic has announced its next two goals! 300k brings survival mode and 350k hold's old varl ubin's life in the balance! show your allegiance and support to save ubin!

Quote Originally Posted by Spat Bandit View Post
    show your allegiance and support to save ubin!

Sorry but no, holding Ubin hostage to a Strech goal mark is just absurd in my eyes!
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    Sorry but no, holding Ubin hostage to a Strech goal mark is just absurd in my eyes!
    I was kinda waiting for Yellow to "explode" about something, and here it is! Ain't no proper crowd-funding campaign without some controversy! In any case, I hope this announcement works in everyone's favor, meaning that we all get to see Ubin as a playable hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    I was kinda waiting for Yellow to "explode" about something, and here it is! Ain't no proper crowd-funding campaign without some controversy! In any case, I hope this announcement works in everyone's favor, meaning that we all get to see Ubin as a playable hero.
    Lol. What can i say... i am very pasionate about stuff being as consumer friendly as posible, specially coming from small independent studios(who are supposed to stand out from the shady AAA crowd).

The deal with Ubin isen't consumer friendly at all, at least not how it is currently worded; If the strech goal was clear about his fate being revealed in The Banner Saga 3 regardeless, and the strech goal being just to make him playable, then it would be another story. Right now however it looks like the entire character's fate is being hold hostage behind a pay-wall, a scheme to make people throw more money at the screen.

This is the whole Tryggvi situation all over again... and for what???!!!
    Last edited by Yellow; 02-03-2017 at 07:34 PM.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

So, #SaveUbin should be hashtag I would have placed the Stretch Goals in a different order: (1) Playable Ubin, (2) Playable Dredge, (3) Survival Mode. The actual target-$ would depend, of course, on the momentum of the pledge at that moment...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast