Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Banner saga 3 officially announced!

Imo Ubin is an icon of TBS. It's so strange that he not planned as part of 200k TBS3 goal. So all hopes for 350k
    #SaveUbin

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    I would have placed the Stretch Goals in a different order: (1) Playable Ubin, (2) Playable Dredge, (3) Survival Mode. The actual target-$ would depend, of course, on the momentum of the pledge at that moment...
    That order would have been better in my opinion too... altought as @Tiraglarm mentioned, Ubin has been such an (arguably) important part of the triology so far, that i find it very odd that he was not planned to be included in the core game to start with?!

Also, as @Brackstone mentioned, why are stretch goals in 50k jump? It cost the same to create 3 whole new Playable Dredge with their own specific backstory, special abbilities, etc, than to create Ubin(who already has a sort of backstory, role, etc?). And it also cost the exact same amount to add a whole new game mode too? Kinda fishy, sorry.
    Last edited by Yellow; 02-03-2017 at 09:43 PM.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

I must admit, it makes me feel anxious too.

In my opinion would be a good idea to tie localizations + something to stretch goals, the way Pillars Of Eternity 2 is doing, but it's a delicate matter, people use to get very hot on this topic.
    Last edited by YaK; 02-04-2017 at 01:19 AM.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

I think, therefore I am... I think.

In the end of the day, it's all about good communication: Stoic should outline _exactly_ what each Stretch Goal entails, so that the extra money can be justified (to a reasonable extent). For instance, they could say that playable Ubin will involve 3x new events (cutscenes, boards etc), whereas the playable Dredge will involve 1x new event for each of the three Dredge heroes.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I think Stoic was just trying to give us a choice that reflected the difficult choices in the game! the fact of the matter is not everyone is going to live.. we all have to make difficult choices and Ubin is one of them.

@Aleo, personally I agree with that order as well, but I know there are people who seem to prefer survival mode to the regular game so that may just be a matter of preference.

Also, I asked whether Ubin would be completely AWOL or just not playable if we missed the goal and Stoic said they couldn't answer that yet. So we might still get to see him even if we don't hit 350k; it probably depends on how development goes over all.

Hey, nobody told him to take off with those Horsebon. He's a grown up (Varl) and can take care of himself!

With 6K backers and 2nd Stretch Goal just around the corner, we got an awesome new Update (12) about Combat, from Matt.

Here's some stuff I picked up and wanted to discuss:

a. I'd like to see Saga2SM-style turn-order (minus the timer) in the regular campaign... No mention of that
    b. Playable Juno (!!!) and wasted Eyvind with a new staff But, who's the other guy -- Some Kragsman Shaman?
    c. Warped Strand Great Hall (!), but what's that other Warped location, in the "Fighting in Darkness" section?
    d. Loved the Warped enemy sprites, from many different races. That purple-skin looks so Armello-rotten!
    e. Improved AI is a MUST for us hardcore fans. (Brought up that Stoneguard Kindle AI issue that usually hurts Dredge more than our heroes! )
    f. Board variety & scripted "custom" battles was what made Saga2 so much better than Saga1. More of that, pliz!
    g. Any ETA for Alpha Access? I suppose it will be in late stages of the game, close to release? Or, even in crude-er prototypes?

PS -- Forgot to mention another important Update, #11, revealing social media-related backer "achievements". An interesting twist

You wanted me to explode.. well here you go:

Seriosly, more pre-order exclusive ingame characters and items? Did we not learned the lesson yet? And now also the base game is "Standard Eddition", does that means that you are also gonna start adding Delux Eddition, Collectors Eddition, and so on? Game of the Year Eddition? .... dissapointed that such beautifull games from an small independent company insist on being regresive rather than progressive when it comes to consumer rights and industry standarts.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2