Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Musings on Banner Saga 1 Ending [Spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by icekatze View Post
    Something like +1 renown for every hero that goes into battle with more than 1 day wounded already in place, would at least give people who are really struggling a chance to catch up a little bit, but maybe wouldn't be so big that people would be intentionally wounding their heroes to get it.
    Another interesting suggestion!

Concerning hero promotions: In view of Saga2 (Re: All heroes are low-capped at Rank-3), I think the optimal play of Saga1 is to actually try to promote as few as possible while hoarding Renown... I usually focused on promoting only the lead "unkillable" heroes (Rook/Alette, Iver, Oddleif, Hakon) in my games, which left many of the others to serve bench roles. Moreover, with how the turn-order works, it's often better to bring fewer & stronger heroes in a battle, rather than field low-rank/injured guys.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

hi hi

I never really thought about bringing in a small party by design. I usually stuck with the "bring a party of six, and get all the enemies down to 1 or 2 Strength before mopping up," strategy.

In my first play through, I got injured a lot. I even lost two or three fights. I almost always had at least one person injured, and would pull in the bench-warmers to pick up the slack, especially when I started getting low on supplies. I didn't want to starve, so I didn't rest very much. (One of the mistakes I made was that I regularly forgot to use the horn when it would have really helped.)

Yup, the Horn is a game-changer mechanic, in close battles! I dislike bringing fewer heroes (to "game" the system) when I can make a party of 6, even with injured ones on board, but it's sometimes fun to play, especially on Hard where you are constantly on disadvantage!
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2