Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Out of curiosity, the journey of Hakon and Juno from Einartoft to Boersgard

Out of curiosity, the journey of Hakon and Juno from Einartoft to Boersgard

I just discovered this amazing game during the summer sale and I finished it 4 times and got all the achievements. Until the end of this month I will 100% buy TBS2.

During all my playthroughs I got the impression that the journey of Hakon and Juno from Einartoft to Boersgard was supposed to be in the game but was, for some reason (time/money) cut out. I mean, the beginning of the game you switch from Hakon group to Rook group a couple of times but from the middle of the game to the end you stick with Rook for a long time, also when Hakon gets to Boersgard he says that he found Juno and the earth is almost split in half, that gave me the idea that Stoic had initially planned to, at some point, add another segment for the player to experience the attempt of Hakon to get to the human capital until he was blocked by the dredge or the ramifications of the earthquack and went to Boersgard. Maybe this segment could take place after Rook leave Einartoft.

This is just the impression I had in all my 4 games and would like to share ideas, maybe someone a Stoic can confirm/deny this.

Its a great game, the art and the lore are really amazing, cant way to play the second one and eventually the third.

Hello there and welcome to our forums

Interesting observation, and one shared by many of us! There's two parts of Hakon's story that are "missing" from Saga1: first one from Ridgehorn to Grofheim to Einartoft; second one from Einartoft to Boersgard. I call them "The Lost Chapters" Maybe they're keeping them for a prequel/midquel thing? (just kidding). Seriously now, I daresay that it may have been the other way around though: The game-story was planned shorter/tighter, and when the original 2012 KS exploded, they had to some buff/extend some story lines. In this case, Chapter 3 was born which outlines the adventures of Hakon, an otherwise secondary hero. I will ask Stoic about this and get back to you, on the real back story!

EDIT: I suppose you're well aware of Saga3 Kickstarter, right? You can grab Saga2 on a deal from there, check the FAQ section for details.
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 02-13-2017 at 05:46 PM.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    You have hit on one of the larger things we cut from Saga1 and have divined it fairly correctly. Another large area we cut was the trip that Hakon's caravan took from Grofheim to Einartoft. Both had a little to do with streamlining and a little to do with funds.
    These two travels often come up when we discuss possible DLC.
    Let us know what you think about Banner Saga 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    You have hit on one of the larger things we cut from Saga1 and have divined it fairly correctly. Another large area we cut was the trip that Hakon's caravan took from Grofheim to Einartoft. Both had a little to do with streamlining and a little to do with funds.
    These two travels often come up when we discuss possible DLC.
    Let us know what you think about Banner Saga 2!
    With BS 3 now visible on the horizon, do you have any plans for some sort of a special edition of the saga that would possibly contain additional material that had to be cut from the original releases?

Hi there. I'll bring this to the dev's attention, as it's a question that pops up very often.

I suppose it will depend heavily on the success (critical and financial) of Saga3, the closure of the trilogy, and whether or not Stoic have concrete plans to move to something fresh (world- and/or gameplay-wise), or "linger" in The Banner Saga as we know it.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.