Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Enter the Fray in The Banner Saga: Factions beta test!

Quote Originally Posted by SchierkeWiking View Post
    Only if balance is 100% perfect. And no game has ever been perfectly balanced. Having more options will always be an advantage unless the other classes are extremely similar to ones everyone has or if they are underpowered.
    I do not see that the impossibilty of making a 100% balanced game strenghtens your argument. The imbalance could go either way (favouring free units or non-free units), and thus the point is moot. Although having fewer options will certainly give you a smaller variety of team builds available, there is no proof that those builds will be any less viable. Let me put it this way instead: do you think it will be impossible to create a team that lets you win games with only free units? That is in essence what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by SchierkeWiking View Post
    Let's put it this way, everything else being equal who will have a better chance to reach the highest ranks of multiplayer?, those with the free classes or those with all the classes?, more ability for adaptation and strategies is an advantage. Period.

Of course as with any game the Devs can do whatever they want and charge for whatever they want. But for an indie Dev that went for crowndfunding the "if you pay you get an advantage in multiplayer" is rather dissapointing for me. I guess it's not right kind of game for me.
    I think the skilled players will reach the highest ranks. I think there will be players up top with all kinds of team builds.

The game is F2P, but to unlock the full content you have to pay. What F2P game does not work like this? It sounds to me that you simply want the whole game to be free. How does that make sense?
    RK/Magnus on Twitch
    @thewritemagnus on Twitter

I don't think the problem is about paying, but that here, for that case, paying didn't give you anything special if you intend to buy the single player game...

Quote Originally Posted by Quidman View Post
    I don't think the problem is about paying, but that here, for that case, paying didn't give you anything special if you intend to buy the single player game...
    For now the only advantage I'd see apart from the early access and the self satisfaction of supporting a dev team you like, would be the ability to influence the SP game developement with feedback the beta. It's more of a collective "reward" than a personnal one though.
    My beard is augmented.

Based on this quote:
    ''Receive the same future multiplayer updates that will be given to kickstarter backers, including early acces to new classes, production updates, expansion content and more''
    It almost sounds like anyone who pays for Beta actually is going to get the classes and things that kickstarter backers will get, so only the people who don't pay for beta would be unequal so to speak and that would be free-to-play.
    But I could be interpreting that wrong getting that they haven't clarified these things anywhere that I've seen.

Speaking as a very new player, this was one kick starter game I wish I had kickstartered so very happy to support it in this way. Played a couple of hours so far and it pretty much meets the expectations set by RPS a few weeks ago. For those interested games appear to last around the 20 minute mark so about right.

For Christmas, bought a couple of friends of mine beta keys; very happy holidays for them

Based on this quote:
    ''Receive the same future multiplayer updates that will be given to kickstarter backers, including early acces to new classes, production updates, expansion content and more''
    It almost sounds like anyone who pays for Beta actually is going to get the classes and things that kickstarter backers will get, so only the people who don't pay for beta would be unequal so to speak and that would be free-to-play.
    But I could be interpreting that wrong getting that they haven't clarified these things anywhere that I've seen.
    Speculation: it says early access to classes so I think that means they'll let paid beta supporters access testing phase for new classes for balancing purposes, but those supporters will likely have to earn the new classes through the single player to play them in the official Factions client like everyone else (this is my understanding of how class additions will work after the initial classes are released, correct me if I'm wrong).
    Last edited by sweetjer; 12-24-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3