Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Official WHY CAN'T I GET INTO TESTING?!?! thread

what is the criteria for geting your account upgraded?

I'm confused, is this beta open for EVERYONE or is it just for those who kickstarted? The game looks great even when just looking at the multiplayer. I went to look at my profile and my name is in grey, do I just wait or should it be green automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman12 View Post
    what is the criteria for geting your account upgraded?
    You have to have been a Backer for The Banner Saga kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...he-banner-saga

Quote Originally Posted by The Nexus View Post
    I'm confused, is this beta open for EVERYONE or is it just for those who kickstarted? The game looks great even when just looking at the multiplayer. I went to look at my profile and my name is in grey, do I just wait or should it be green automatically?
    Those who backed The Banner Saga kickstarter project get free access to the Factions beta test. If you were not a Backer but would like to access it, we currently are accepting access via PayPal: https://stoicstudio.com/forum/enter-the-fray.php

Or you can just wait till Factions releases (there is no necessary fees associated with it when it goes "live"). Were you a Backer from Kickstarter? If so, did you have another email address that you were using when you backed the project on Kickstarter? The reason I ask is I do not see this email address in our archives as a backer but we only track the email addresses that were used at the time of the backing.

Sincerely,

Sean
    Sean "Ashen Temper" Dahlberg
    http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Ah yes, now that I went back and read it I see my mistake. My excitement got the better of me and I just rushed through all the text. I think you should make it more clear that the free access is kickstarter only though, it's a bit ambiguous at the moment. On this page in particular: https://stoicstudio.com/forum/enter-the-fray.php

Might just be me having trouble comprehending it though, just thought I should mention it :P

Do you have any kind of estimation as to when the beta is over? I can't wait to finally get my hands on this.

I´m eager to play this game

hey guys, thanks for all your work on this game! I just registered my account today and am hoping to get a beta key soon, but it doesn't say "backer" under my name in "my profile", so i'm a bit concerned about that..

edit: nevermind, it says it next to my name on this post.. :P
    Last edited by BowAndQuiver; 11-30-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Hi there

I´ve already bought the beta pass and i haven´t received the key to play the game. Does this take a lot of time?

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunedainx View Post
    Hi there

I´ve already bought the beta pass and i haven´t received the key to play the game. Does this take a lot of time?
    Your keys should be mailed to you almost instantly after purchasing with paypal.

Please email community@stoicstudio.com with your paypal information (paypal email, txn id, etc..) and we will find out what happened to your keys!

Hey,

Looking forward to the game, never recieved BETA as a backer. Help?

Thanks,
    Yukon

If you have a problem with giving betakeys,I become skeptical of how your game will work..

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    Hey,

Looking forward to the game, never recieved BETA as a backer. Help?

Thanks,
    Yukon
    Looks like there was an issue identifying your account as a Backer. We found and fixed the issue with the system not recognizing you as a Backer. You should have full access to the Kickstarter section of the Stoic Community. I'll also ask the team to generate you a testing key. Once generated, you can quickly get to it by going to your profile here:

https://stoicstudio.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile

And look under the "Beta Testing Information" section. For more information (once you get your testing key), see this copy of the email in the forums:

https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...tions-Included!

Let us know if we can assist you with anything else!

Sincerely,

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by specmmats View Post
    If you have a problem with giving betakeys,I become skeptical of how your game will work..
    Not to be rude, but there is not a single company out there (to include out of the game industry) that has a "perfect" product. I've seen these issues in small companies and enormous ones. Sometimes there are errors in the system and other times, there is human error.

As both a gamer and someone who has been in the industry for a few years, I realize these things happen and generally rate my experience on how quickly my issue is addressed. If I feel like I'm yelling at a wall, I don't count that as a good experience. If I'm getting feedback and my issue at least addressed in a timely manner, I'm generally happy (unless I'm having to jump through hoops).
    Last edited by Sean; 12-04-2012 at 09:16 AM.

You rock! Thanks much, I am so excited. BTW the posters turned out great :-)

Thanks,
    Yukon

Hi there

It´s been a week since I payed for the keys and i haven´t received any e-mail or message, usually takes this long to generate the keys?

15.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunedainx View Post
    Hi there

It´s been a week since I payed for the keys and i haven´t received any e-mail or message, usually takes this long to generate the keys?
    Nope, it should be immediate. Please mail community@stoicstudio.com with your paypal email address and TXN id if you have it. We will get you sorted out ASAP!

thanks! sorry for the another post i didn´t saw this reply so ignore it XD

i have no credit card or money for a beta invite i can only offer my xp in games

i hope to find a job soon so i can buy this game

Hi - I've linked my Steam account awhile ago, but have not seen a Steam TBS Beta Key code in my profile settings. In addition, I've somehow lost access to the Backer forum thread. Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by fpeezy View Post
    Hi - I've linked my Steam account awhile ago, but have not seen a Steam TBS Beta Key code in my profile settings. In addition, I've somehow lost access to the Backer forum thread. Please advise.
    Hi fpeezy,

Linking your account to Steam does not grant access to the Factions beta. I looked at your Stoic Community account and, by any chance, did you have another email address that you were using when you backed the project on Kickstarter? The reason I ask is I do not see this email address in our archives as a backer but we only track the email addresses that were used at the time of the backing.

If you had another email address, feel free to send it to me via PM or email community@stoicstudio.com.

Disregard this post I am in.
    Last edited by skoggkat; 12-23-2012 at 04:33 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast