Thread: What do you want in a relationship?

What do you want in a relationship?

Just curious as to what everyone's opinion is on a romantic relationship.

For me, I think a relationship means two people are in a team, who have each other's backs and help each other when things get tough. It means being considerate of the other person, and truly trying to understand things from the other person's perspective. It should also have loyalty and respect.

What do you guys think?

Understanding and "accepting" are the main prerequisites for me, for any relationship. Romantic ones need to tick a few more checkboxes though
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I don't know if you were referring to any relationship in particular or a 'romantic' relationship, but I'm just going to answer your question directly instead of assuming.

A romantic relationship is one where you always feel excited at the thought of seeing your partner. It is one where there's an effort from both parties to please each other, not out of obligation but rather because its something you genuinely want to do and it makes you happy to do so. A romantic relationship is one when honeymoon period dies out, instead of beginning to take each other for granted like most relationships would, they constantly attempt to experience new things together in order to always keep the spark alive and grow as a couple. Having said that, arguments and fights are a natural part of any relationship, but a romantic relationship is one where no emotional blackmail or make personal attacks are made in order to win the argument. Instead, they aren't afraid to put down their pride, ego, or stubbornness, and apologize at times even though they may not personally feel that they were in the wrong, simply because they love the other person and knows its for the greater good of the relationship.

Finally, a romantic relationship is one where no matter how tough things get, they would stick together and always love each other, but they both understand that sometimes, even romance doesn't last forever when you're with the wrong person. And if they ever came to such a point, they would amicably part ways, knowing they gave each other their best shot, and made each other better people for the next person that would walk into their lives.

In relationships, there can be a lot of misunderstandings that's why even if you are married for many years it's still important to consider the other person's feelings. Many dont know that their partner has depression so i guess its always good to have a heart to heart talk. And also upon checking BetterHelp it helps me a lot of things.
    Last edited by CandyMissy; 07-09-2018 at 08:57 PM.