Thread: What can you even do when Dredge can kill you in two hits?

Angry What can you even do when Dredge can kill you in two hits?

Normal Difficulty. Starting especially in Chapter 3.

How do you even avoid getting one or two or more people wounded (HP to Zero) when the bigger Dredge can just walk up and do 85% of your health, and to even hurt them you have to go through 3-4 turns of punching through armor?
    I don't know. Everyone just keeps acting like that ain't no thang, so I wonder how it's being mitigated.

Hi there. You gotta pay attention to the positions on the board and the turn queue.

Here's a few practical tips:

1. Deployment phase: Make sure you position your fragile (low ARM) units as far away as possible from the big enemies, before hitting "Ready!" button to start the battle. Distance of 8 (7 steps) is usually safe.
    2. Tanks: If you can't avoid that (e.g. depl. zone too crowded), make sure you put your tanky (high ARM) units up front, e.g. Mogr or Fasolt.
    3. Zone control: Some units have active abilities that can stall the enemy; the most prominent is Oddleif's Rain of Arrows trap. Fasolt's Malice is another.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I appreciate the help, but even on Easy, the big Dredge are doing 7-9 damage on characters, like Fasolt, who only has 12-14 when I first get him, making him next to useless for anything but getting slaughtered by the Dredge before I even have the chance to whittle down their armor, making Malice an afterthought. Like I said, looking at strategies and "practical tips", no one else seems to even mention this like it's a problem, so I just don't know why it's given me so much trouble. Whether I stand back behind tanky units or throw myself into the fray, a bunch of big dredge walk up and wreak havoc.
    I don't know. Was hoping there was something I was missing. The game is great. Combat is joyless.

Can you provide a screenshot (during deployment phase) of an example fight that troubles you? Make sure you hit TAB to toggle-on the stat-banners of all units so that we can see their STR/ARM/WIL.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.