Thread: TBS3 Russian Translate

Exclamation TBS3 Russian Translate

Hello!
    Just completed my Saga. It was a great story I never forget...

But! 4 of 5 reviews on russian language in Steam at the moment is about bad localization (someone even says that it is google translate lvl, but it's not like that to be honest).
    I can confirm it: 20% of dialogs are absolutely unclear, in every second dialogue misprints. The unpleasant experience.

Fix it please, Stoic.

Thanks Tiraglam. Linking this to Stoic, but I'm sure they're reading the (negative) reviews.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

hope they do something about it

Though I'm Russian too, I always prefer playing in the original language. Even when translation is near-perfect, it can still lack some of the aspects and meanings, and jokes are often the first victims of translation, at least in this particular language pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptanto View Post
    Though I'm Russian too, I always prefer playing in the original language. Even when translation is near-perfect, it can still lack some of the aspects and meanings, and jokes are often the first victims of translation, at least in this particular language pair.
    Even though I've never played a translated game (I'm Greek and we get very very few translated games), I totally get what you mean especially from cinema and TV films/shows: Translated (even subtitled) versions are very hard to make, so that the convey the same messages (jokes, attitude, style etc) as the original.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.