Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 88

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: One is currently listening to....

  1. #21
    Backer Mudfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    209
    Brant Bjork - Automatic Fantastic

    Chilled out stoner at its best

  2. #22
    Backer Morte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    31
    Right now I'm listening to this gem: In Extremo - Liam

  3. #23
    I've posted before, but I'm currently listening to the This Day Aria, from episode 52 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

    What? Vikings can watch My Little Pony.

  4. #24
    Backer Dark Jedi Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    32
    I love Bon Jovi, I have that in my mix all the time. Also, I'm into heavier stuff like August Burns Red, Coheed and Cambria, and my buddies over at Classic Crime, who just successfully funded their ablum on Kickstarter about a month ago!
    "Not all those who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25
    Technical Director John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    Today: (Washed Out/Toro Y Moi/Neon Indian) spotify radio

    And to catch up:

    Yesterday: Prince
    Prior: Belle & Sebastian
    Prior Prior: Roxy Music

  6. #26
    Superbacker Ratatoskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    I've posted before, but I'm currently listening to the This Day Aria, from episode 52 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

    What? Vikings can watch My Little Pony.
    Just listened to that and you've convinced me. For a My Little Pony song that's pretty badass. Though my tastes in villain songs generally run more towards this or this. And my playlist is usually on endless shuffle with genres ranging from German metal to country to Vietnamese choirs so it's always an experience. Currently I've had Fairytale stuck in my head for about a month so I thought I'd share the pain for those of you who didn't follow Eurovision 2009.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post
    Just listened to that and you've convinced me. For a My Little Pony song that's pretty badass. Though my tastes in villain songs generally run more towards this or this. And my playlist is usually on endless shuffle with genres ranging from German metal to country to Vietnamese choirs so it's always an experience. Currently I've had Fairytale stuck in my head for about a month so I thought I'd share the pain for those of you who didn't follow Eurovision 2009.
    My tastes tend to be similarly varied. I don't listen to much in the way of German metal, but I've got everything from Irish folk to classical music to KISS on my computer. Those songs you linked are pretty catchy.

  8. #28
    Superbacker Ratatoskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    My tastes tend to be similarly varied. I don't listen to much in the way of German metal, but I've got everything from Irish folk to classical music to KISS on my computer. Those songs you linked are pretty catchy.
    To be fair I only have a couple German metal songs out of about 6000, I just like to throw it in there because it sounds cool. And I too have much classical, though I'm a little short on Irish folk music at the moment.

    And is this the Viking metal someone mentioned earlier, because apparently I already have that too. Sorry for the terrible video quality.

  9. #29
    Right now, like in a current second ? Hidden Orchestra - Tired and Awake. Really great band in my opinion, i think they do an awesome job at mixing classical/instrumental stuff with modern drums and effects. Also they've got two drummers !

    I listen to all sorts of music. Although acoustic & indie/folk music are on top of that list at the moment. Something along those lines, i guess ...

    Damien Rice - Coconut skins
    Darren Korb – Build That Wall
    Bill Callahan - Drover
    Eddie Vedder – Guaranteed

    Also tried to find something viking-ish in my playlist. Well... Madder Mortem - Hangman. I don't know, to me it feels like she's screaming though blizzard somewhere on top of a mountain. (second part of the song)
    Last edited by belamoor; 05-07-2012 at 11:06 AM.

  10. #30
    Superbacker LoliSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    166
    Wow, this thread really blew up in a single day's time. I'll have to take a day to browse through it all.

    Lately I've been embracing my love for the rare genre of electroswing. Or rather, any genre crossed with swing.

    Anyway, here's some random electroswing stuff.
    Caravan Palace - Brotherswing
    Parov Stelar - Chambermaid Swing
    Parov Stelar - Charleston Butterfly
    Koop - Forces Darling

    And here's some random tracks as they come up in my massive favorites playlist. Don't expect any sort of genre synonymy or any other linking factors. Shit's all over the place.

    The Answer - Shining Highway (this is the entire AC Tribute Album, but song 5 is the one in question)
    Shiina Ringo - Love is Blind (amazingly diverse artist, so glad she came up on so I could share her)
    Daisuke Ishiwatari - Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead) (guilty gear metal)
    Emotional Joystick - Eight (haunting melody + drum & bass)
    Frank Sinatra - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown (love the classics)
    Innocent Key - Touhou Sweets (i-it's not like I particularly care for Touhou or anything)
    Ed Alleyne Johnson - Orange (loopers are fucking cool - see Reggie Watts too)
    Darren Korb - Setting Sail, Coming Home (big Bastion fan)
    E Nomine - Der Turm (german religious electronic ...yeah, I dunno)
    Maho ft Koyuki - Moon on the Water (oh man, such an emotional song from the anime BECK)
    Last edited by LoliSauce; 05-06-2012 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Totally put Full Moon Sway instead of Moon on the Water

  11. #31
    To LoliSauce. Thumbs up for another Bastion soundtrack reference, i loved it.

    Listening right now, anything jazzy:
    Hidden Orchestra - Footsteps
    Submotion Orchestra - Sunshine
    Rekevin - What's the Matter?
    Mark Ronson - God Put A Smile On Your Face
    Last edited by belamoor; 05-07-2012 at 12:35 PM.

  12. #32
    Backer lamaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    103
    A friend of mine pointed me to the Twinemen yesterday and I've been listening to this one song since then. Kind of jazz rock thing going on.

    Twinemen - Speed of Light
    Last edited by lamaz; 05-07-2012 at 03:58 PM.

  13. #33
    Superbacker LoliSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by belamoor View Post
    To LoliSauce. Thumbs up for another Bastion soundtrack reference, i loved it.

    Listening right now, anything jazzy:
    Hidden Orchestra - Footsteps
    Submotion Orchestra - Sunshine
    Rekevin - What's the Matter?
    Mark Ronson - God Put A Smile On Your Face
    Word. They did some amazing stuff in all aspects of audio for that game.

    I dig the jazz music btw. In particular, that Mark Ronsen song is so upbeat and fun. I'll be looking into more of his music for sure.

  14. #34
    Superbacker Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    431
    Wanted to change my habits so I loaded every single anime OSTs on the disk. 56 hours reached for a 1050 tracks, still 3150 tracks to go.
    It helps not having to choose the day's music and lets me do some clean up of what is not listened to.

    Before that for a whole week was Journey's OST for a whole week.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Wanted to change my habits so I loaded every single anime OSTs on the disk. 56 hours reached for a 1050 tracks, still 3150 tracks to go.
    It helps not having to choose the day's music and lets me do some clean up of what is not listened to.

    Before that for a whole week was Journey's OST for a whole week.
    Where did you even find that much music, Troll? I hear people talking about their huge, humongous, multiple-gigabyte playlists all the time. My "Music" folder contains 153 files worth 624 MB, most of which I don't listen to very often anyway. I have trouble imagining where I'd even find 3150 music tracks, let alone 3150 music tracks I like. How do you do it?

  16. #36
    Superbacker Ratatoskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    Where did you even find that much music, Troll? I hear people talking about their huge, humongous, multiple-gigabyte playlists all the time. My "Music" folder contains 153 files worth 624 MB, most of which I don't listen to very often anyway. I have trouble imagining where I'd even find 3150 music tracks, let alone 3150 music tracks I like. How do you do it?
    I don't know about Troll but I at least kinda just collected mine over a lot of years. I still buy CDs and soundtracks, I borrow them off my family and friends and I download songs directly. Which is how I ended up with almost 7000 songs (33.94 GB) on my i-tunes. I admit I don't recognize every song instantly, but I'm constantly weeding out ones I don't like so most of those 6000+ I actually do enjoy. But it helps that I have very eclectic tastes in music so I can pull from many different genres.

  17. #37
    Superbacker Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    Where did you even find that much music, Troll? I hear people talking about their huge, humongous, multiple-gigabyte playlists all the time. My "Music" folder contains 153 files worth 624 MB, most of which I don't listen to very often anyway. I have trouble imagining where I'd even find 3150 music tracks, let alone 3150 music tracks I like. How do you do it?
    It mostly comes from music available on a website which is a Japanese media oriented .torrent share site.
    I use it to acquire anime OSTs that are not available in my country as the law is quite lax (for the moment) on this kind of unavailable items when it is not due to some kind of censorship or other problems. It is the same for fansubbed anime.
    Had I enough money I'd try to acquire most of them the correct way if I could.

    As it is a possibly problematic post I'll let the moderators do what is best with it.
    Last edited by Troll; 05-08-2012 at 02:54 PM.

  18. #38
    Superbacker LoliSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    166
    When I find a song I like from someone's recommendation or anything else, I get the full discography and just listen through the entire thing, putting anything I like into a favorites playlist. It ends up getting pretty massive, since I don't have any particular genre loyalty.

    Listening to the same small collection of songs repeatedly isn't very fun when you're listening to music for the majority of your waking hours.

  19. #39
    Superbacker Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by LoliSauce View Post
    When I find a song I like from someone's recommendation or anything else, I get the full discography and just listen through the entire thing, putting anything I like into a favorites playlist. It ends up getting pretty massive, since I don't have any particular genre loyalty.

    Listening to the same small collection of songs repeatedly isn't very fun when you're listening to music for the majority of your waking hours.
    Its quite doable with some types. I can't do it with most songs with electric instruments, but I sometimes listen all day's) long to a single album of orchestrated songs, or ambient and slow tempo.

    BTW, anyone here has a good audio memory ?
    One of those first examples I have would be when reading the Harry Potter series while listening to Metallica's Black Album. I can visualize some pages when I listen to it again.
    Very helpful for exams, I just had to remember a few songs I listened to while preparign them and memories of hte lessons were much clearer.

  20. #40
    Moderator ScottMBruner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    19
    Pandora at work. It's been all Lou Reed "station" all week. Someone explain why Neil Young (*bleah*) keeps showing up?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •