Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where are you coming from, as in game genre?

I'm about 50% RPGs (Morrowind, Baldur's Gate) and 50% classic adventure games (Riven, Police Quest) so you can understand why this game completely appealed to me - great mix of tactical and RPG elements.

(Also, I'm so psyched how KS has brought back classic game genres.)

I come from a console background and play almost anything that intrigues me from a setting/narrative/mechanical perspective. I have a strong appreciation for Japanese developers, because I feel that they never half-ass anything like you see a lot of North American. They are not the most innovative, but they pick something to be good at and hone the craft to perfection.

That's pretty abstract.

As far as genres I think my favorite are RPGs and shooters, favorite setting is fantasy/medieval. There are a few genres I don't like at all, namely RTS, MOBAs, and tower defense. I'm don't like games where you have to build strength but there's no persistence, you lose what you've built after each match. I used to play PC games but now I only play there what I can't play on consoles (a couple MMOs I dabble in, Mount & Blade). The game I'm most looking forward to right now is Dragon's Dogma. I have been recently disappointed by The Witcher 2.

To be more specific, here are some of my absolute favorites of the last few years:

Monster Hunter Tri
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Bayonetta
    Vanquish
    NBA 2k series
    Syndicate
    Crysis 2
    Dark Souls
    LoZ: Skyward Sword
    Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
    Mortal Kombat 9
    Rhythm Heaven Fever
    Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

and some classic favorites

Monkey Island series
    Final Fantasy 4-9 and Tactics
    Chrono Trigger
    Secret of Mana
    Metroid Prime
    Smash Bros. Melee

Sorry for the long post, but it's my first!

While my pc's no longer really up to a gaming standard I'll still try pretty much anything across any of the current active platforms. I game most on the PS3 with rpgs filling the gap I used to fill with fps's although at the moment the ipad gets most of my 'game time': work not leaving long to get really wrapped up in a console rpg right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2