Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Stoic Community Rules and Guidelines

Been waiting a long time, excited!

This Game is going to be amazing.

thanks!

Unable to retrieve Steam key from "Download Game" link!.

I think rule #1 "Help build the Community" is hindered by a forum that requires threads first be approved by a moderator before a discussion can be had. This is obviously a game that deals with death and violence, so I don't see the need for a archaic hand holding system.

Hi Codde glad you are here !! There is a history to this archaic hand holding system. Our site was hit hard twice and almost totally demolished. Our devs recovered and overcame the damage (back around Sept 11 of last year I think). The spam issue became overwhelming, so the system was put in to place to minimize that and protect from hits that hurt. Sorry you had to wait to be approved, but glad you are here to contribute to discussions on factions and TBS. I look forward to seeing you in battle, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Codde View Post
    I think rule #1 "Help build the Community" is hindered by a forum that requires threads first be approved by a moderator before a discussion can be had. This is obviously a game that deals with death and violence, so I don't see the need for a archaic hand holding system.
    I agree that, presently, this is an issue. Stoicmom explained the reasons behind that, but in those days we had like 5-10 posts a day with an equal number of active forum members. It was really frustrating to have to sort the 2-3 "real" posts amid 5-10 spam-ones. How, now, we're lucky to have more than a handful of posts in a week...

Our two active moderators/admins are in USA & Philippines, so there are some "windows" (of up to 12 hours) that nobody will drop by to approve new posts. I understand how new-posters are frustrated by this. For some frequent forum-readers (like, errr, for "me" ), there's also the problem of losing posts by new members, that are "buried" under posts in the same thread by others...
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Hey Codde, welcome to the community, and sorry for the inconvenience!

Like Aleo said, when the moderator approval system was put in place, it was deemed a good trade-off to have almost no spam in exchange for a short waiting period for new posters. Perhaps it wouldn't matter as much now. Even so, there's still about the same amount of spam hitting the filter as there are legitimate new posters. From what I understand, as soon as a new member gets a post approved, all their future posts will be automatically let through.

For the record, our policy is to approve all posts that do not break any of the rules and guidelines posted at the beginning of this thread. We will not delete a post just because we disagree with its content.
    Last edited by Guğmundr; 07-10-2014 at 12:39 PM.
    Án brynju, mağur er varnarlaus. Án styrks, er hann ekkert.

test.

Ah, I see my post was in fact approved. I really just want to see this game to grow. It's no fun surrendering a match because you stupidly let 2 units be massacred by a warlord in the first few turns, only to have to fight the same player again or don't fight at all because there is no one online, because the quality of the game and the active community behind it are not in balance as of right now.

Why is this forum targeted? Is it just a connection to the provider being used? Or what? Other forums don't have this problem it would seem.
    Last edited by Codde; 07-10-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Codde View Post
    Why is this forum targeted? Is it just a connection to the provider being used? Or what? Other forums don't have this problem it would seem.
    Who knows? Last September was the craziest thing: https://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1871
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6