Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Single Player Progress [Kickstarter Update #30]

Thanks for the update, it was a great read. It's very interesting to have the opportunity to follow the development process of a game like this, so keep it up!

Oh, and suddenly mentioning the red, green and blue choices really made me laugh. I almost spilled my tea! Damn you!

Yeah when I first read that I chuckled at that part. I'm sure Stoic won't make something as bad as THAT ending(I haven't even played any of the Mass Effect games and I think the original ending is just silly) and I'm sure they won't pull a Moleynux on us because they are at least showing evidence to back up there claims of what the game will be, I can't wait for this and Shadowrun Returns, this summer is going to be awesome.

Really great update.
    Sometimes Faction looks so good by itself that I often forget that the best is yet to come.

When thinking about mechanics such as banching decisions and persistent combat-damage I can't help to ask: How will the saving system be like?

Great update! Can't wait for the SP! One thing though

Powerhouse has now lovingly crafted literally hundreds of these hand-drawn animations and they keep getting progressively better and better. Some of the latest work weve been seeing had been absolutely jaw-dropping. Check out a few in the video below:
    Can't find the link, where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by piotras View Post
    Great update! Can't wait for the SP! One thing though

Can't find the link, where is it?
    Whoops, forgot to take out that line (but doing so now). Unfortunately the team didn't have time to add a video but plan on doing a feature about the animation process later!
    Sean "Ashen Temper" Dahlberg
    http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Captain the Spambot's have returened!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkSummoner View Post
    Captain the Spambot's have returened!
    *Waves Hand* This is not the spam you are looking for...
    Sean "Ashen Temper" Dahlberg
    http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Thanks for the update and all the information. At first, I invested just for the single player and luckily got hooked on Factions (I switch interests pretty rapidly, but I've played about 70 games in Factions and each one still feels new and fresh). I almost forgot how great single player is sounding.

Hmm, will renown be available in the single player (for upgrading units and obtaining items) through battling the dredge or will it be available through decisions you make and actions you take through the story? Or both?

I sort of had a goosebumps moment while doing the tutorial where I read the governor's endorsement had given me more renown about the city...

It would be wondrous if perhaps in the single player renown could be earned outside of battle and through RPG elements.

And for some reason...I felt it would be really cool if in the single player, maybe renown represented a resource cap/upkeep, rather than a currency.

i.e. you can have stuff when your band/caravan has 100 renown. When you reach 200 renown you can have more stuff/you wield more influence, and you wield stronger stuff. And this number keeps rising as you play (without depleting).

Quote Originally Posted by raven2134 View Post
    And for some reason...I felt it would be really cool if in the single player, maybe renown represented a resource cap/upkeep, rather than a currency.

i.e. you can have stuff when your band/caravan has 100 renown. When you reach 200 renown you can have more stuff/you wield more influence, and you wield stronger stuff. And this number keeps rising as you play (without depleting).
    There's no reason it can't be both. Making the choice between being respected as a strong, independent caravan and asking others for help but decreasing their respect of you seems exactly like the sort of decision the game would ask you to make.

Holy cow, brilliant idea. Never thought of spending it for immediate benefits like help, but which deduct from what Renown/reputation you've built!

I have to admit... with all the hoopla around Factions I was beginning to feel a bit mislead in terms of the project (I have absolutely no interest in a multiplayer game). This update had belayed those fears a bit... looks amazing. I really hope that all things progress well, and that we'll all be playing the single player game soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkSummoner View Post
    I personally think the morale icons should be giant tankards of mead.
    I second this!

Just started playing factions a couple of days ago, I was a little skeptical of a multiplayer version, but I have to say I'm really impressed with it. Reading this post makes me even more excited about the Saga then I was when I backed it, looking forward to its release.

Shogani--the MP is also full of hints at SP goodness. My favorite is the contrast between the tutorial, and the release video (both of which show the exact same event.)

I gotta say, take your time. This game has so much potential and there's no publisher to pressure you... just take your time, this looks awesome

I am very excited for SP release. I have no interest in MP. I was a HOMM fan for life until the latest release, which was a crushing disappointment. Thank goodness for Factions!

Any idea when we're going to get another update on the Single Player?

Since his thread showed most of the concept and Stoic hopefully takes more time for actual development than for writing updates - probably once they have a playable prototype. Likely, when they got Dredge/AI to a (dis)playable state.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2