Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The official "How do I get into Factions?!!!111!!!" thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The official "How do I get into Factions?!!!111!!!" thread

The new and improved way:

1. Download and install Steam
    2. Get the game
    3. Play!

Yes, it is that easy now!

If you were a Backer from Kickstarter, you may also want to ensure your Stoic Community profile is properly updated to denote your fantastic contribution to The Banner Saga. If so, this is what you need to know:

1. First, make sure you have a Stoic Community account. If you do not have one, make sure you register with the exact same email address you had when you pledged to the Kickstarter.
    2. Once you register, keep your eyes peeled for a verification email to confirm your account. Until it is confirmed, it will not upgrade. This will come from "mail@stoicstudio.com" so make sure you add it to your address book so it doesn't accidentally get put in your spam folder.

3. If you have recently registered, but do not see your name as "green" (here's an example of how it should look when you look at "My Profile" in the top navigation when logged in) or if you're having any other issue, let us know! Note the "green" colored Display Names are only for those who backed TBS on Kickstarter.

Once you have your game code, follow these instructions to activate The Banner Saga: Factions on Steam:

1. Launch Steam and log into your Steam account.
    2. Click the Games Menu.
    3. Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
    4. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.

Can't find your key? It should look like this (edit profile link):

Click to Zoom In

... but instead of "testcode", you will see a real one
    Last edited by Sean; 02-25-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    Sean "Ashen Temper" Dahlberg
    http://www.seandahlberg.com/