Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The official "How do I get into Factions?!!!111!!!" thread

Just a question, I'm a backer who picked DRM free direct download in survey, I have to wait later?

Quote Originally Posted by Muttala View Post
    Just a question, I'm a backer who picked DRM free direct download in survey, I have to wait later?
    Correct, currently Factions is only available via Steam. If you do not wish to use Steam, you will have other ways of accessing Factions at a later date.
    Sean "Ashen Temper" Dahlberg
    http://www.seandahlberg.com/

I can not find where to put the key in steam all find is click games and brings up a roll over that shows "free games" on top when topic related says its on the top of the list

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I can not find where to put the key in steam all find is click games and brings up a roll over that shows "free games" on top when topic related says its on the top of the list
    Are you not seeing something similar to the following?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Once you have your game code, follow these instructions to activate The Banner Saga: Factions on Steam:

1. Launch Steam and log into your Steam account.
    2. Click the Games Menu.
    3. Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
    4. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.

Hi there,
    I'm a Kickstarter backer - Joined the forums a few weeks ago - still no beta key...
    Any help?
    Thank you.

Same state as the several others above. Hooked up steam, read all the messages about getting registered, now just waiting on a beta key. I'm hoping I'll just be included in the next key batch. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zanflango View Post
    Hi there,
    I'm a Kickstarter backer - Joined the forums a few weeks ago - still no beta key...
    Any help?
    Thank you.

Hi Zan, you have an email with more details (replied to your email request) but as you can see here, you now have Backer status.

Quote Originally Posted by Thicket View Post
    Same state as the several others above. Hooked up steam, read all the messages about getting registered, now just waiting on a beta key. I'm hoping I'll just be included in the next key batch. Thanks!
    By any chance, did you have another email address that you were using when you backed the project on Kickstarter? The reason I ask is I do not see this email address in our archives as a backer but we only track the email addresses that were used at the time of the backing (in case you changed the email address after that point). Please respond to this via email - send it to community@stoicstudio.com.

Hi, here a backer. I activated my account and I could play this game perfectly before the 24th of february. Only thing that didnīt worked is the profile color change:

"see your name as "green" (here's an example of how it should look when you look at My Profile"

I donīt know if this will be important on the future or it will have any effect, I post this just in case.

Thanks for your time and for the great job you are all doing with the game. (Sorry for my english)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskoriak View Post
    Hi, here a backer. I activated my account and I could play this game perfectly before the 24th of february. Only thing that didnīt worked is the profile color change:

"see your name as "green" (here's an example of how it should look when you look at My Profile"

I donīt know if this will be important on the future or it will have any effect, I post this just in case.

Thanks for your time and for the great job you are all doing with the game. (Sorry for my english)
    Hi Eskoriak,

Are you a Backer from Kickstarter or did you gain access via our "Enter the Fray" PayPal method? If the latter, then you have everything set up correctly. If you are a Backer from Kickstarter, though, please email us at community@stoicstudio.com because I do not see the email address connected to your Stoic Community account as a Backer from Kickstarter.

My PayPal account uses a different email to my Kickstarter account - I imagine this will create confusion down the line?

Did everything I was suppose to but never got a steam key? Help?

Same deal as some of the above, I joined the forum relatively recently, but I am a backer, I'm using the same email, I linked my forum account w/steam, and still no code from what I can tell.

There is no longer a need for a specifically generated steam key because the beta period has already been completed . The game is free and may be downloaded straight and played on steam. If you still do wonder what happened to your key, though, check your profile settings and "edit profile".

Oh, I thought maybe we got something special as backers if we got it with a particular code when downloading it, like a special banner or something. Thanks for responding anyway.

P.S.: I have checked the edit profile before, there has never been a key there, just says I haven't been assigned one yet, etc.

I just recently joined the forum. I am a Kickstarter backer. Is it possible to get a game key generated?

Wolfsgeist, you don't need a key anymore. Factions is free for download through Steam. Enjoy, and may your enemies fear your name!
    Avatar/banner done by StandSure.

Missing Steam keys

Hello! I'm from Russia this writing using Google translate.
    The fact that in November 2012, I supported your project The Banner Saga, and sent you $ 15 using PayPal link https://stoicstudio.com/forum/enter-the-fray.php ( now it is not active ). I immediately got the key on Steam and get access to early versions of The Banner Saga Factions. On his website you specified that all who support you - get in release of the project two Steam key and additional content in the form of new classes. Now you have started early access to Steam, but not to mail me any Steam keys did not come. Could you clarify the situation ?
    Thanks in advance.

Notes:
    1) E-mail to which came the key The Banner Saga Factions - shaddar@live.ru
    2) My ID in Steam - Shaddar40
    3) The site from which I learned about your project is the largest Russian-speaking community GOHA.RU - https://forums.goha.ru/showthread.php?t=821316

Quote Originally Posted by Shaddar View Post
    Missing Steam keys

The fact that in November 2012, I supported your project The Banner Saga, and sent you $ 15 using PayPal link https://stoicstudio.com/forum/enter-the-fray.php ( now it is not active ). I immediately got the key on Steam and get access to early versions of The Banner Saga Factions. On his website you specified that all who support you - get in release of the project two Steam key and additional content in the form of new classes. Now you have started early access to Steam, but not to mail me any Steam keys did not come. Could you clarify the situation ?
    Thanks in advance.

Notes:
    3) The site from which I learned about your project is the largest Russian-speaking community GOHA.RU - https://forums.goha.ru/showthread.php?t=821316

You're just confused on the early access part. We'll get keys sometime before the 1/14 release which has been commented on in some other threads (typing this on my iPad right now so it's not easy to pop in the links). There has not been any announcement regarding early access to my knowledge. All the reviewers were provided a preview version of the game which contains the first portion only. The only people that are playing now are people that have been given the preview version.
    Last edited by Slimsy Platypus; 12-23-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaddar View Post
    Missing Steam keys

Thanks in advance.

Notes:
    I remembered reading a similar case at a different forum. What you bought was the beta keys for banner saga factions (multiplayer version). That does not give you access to banner saga, single player. It costs around 20 dollars, pre order with some extra features (25 after pre order). That game is though bit different from the multiplayer, it is more of a RPS. You can see loads of the gameplay at the banner saga youtube channel. There is though not earlier access to banner saga as everybody will get it at the same time (14 jan).

We'll get keys sometime before the 1/14 release which has been commented on in some other threads...
    Do you mean that people who pre-ordered will be able to play TBS before January 14 2014?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast