Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Mac OSX Crash / Adobe Air

Mac OSX Crash / Adobe Air

For some reason I can't post to the original thread concerning this anymore.

So, Factions crashes for some people on OSX and it seems to be an Adobe Air problem. The proposed solution right now is removing the folder Adobe AIR.framework from /Library/Framworks/ (it also works when you delete/move all folders except the Current link from the Versions folder inside the Air folder, im my case a folder called 1.0).

The problem is: when you do this (naturally) other applications using Adobe Air don't work anymore (e.g. BBC iPlayer Desktop).

So this is only a temporary fix, right?

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Yes, we are working with Adobe to resolve this issue. After you delete the old AIR Framework, you can try reinstalling with the latest AIR installer. Having a fresh install of the newest AIR may still work with factions. What we have seen is that the AIR Framework folders end up with old and incompatible libraries, causing Factions to fail. Factions should not depend at all upon your system wide AIR, and we are working to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by jobedius View Post
    For some reason I can't post to the original thread concerning this anymore.

So, Factions crashes for some people on OSX and it seems to be an Adobe Air problem. The proposed solution right now is removing the folder Adobe AIR.framework from /Library/Framworks/ (it also works when you delete/move all folders except the Current link from the Versions folder inside the Air folder, im my case a folder called 1.0).

The problem is: when you do this (naturally) other applications using Adobe Air don't work anymore (e.g. BBC iPlayer Desktop).

So this is only a temporary fix, right?

Awesome!