Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Build 1.5.77

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Build 1.5.77

Build 1.5.77

Changes:
    • Proving Ground: Renown cost removed from unit stat adjustments. You are now free to move about the stats.
    • Marketplace: Prices lowered on all color variations

Fixes:
    • Hall of Valor: Fix Leaderboards not updating in the client
    • General: Confirmation Dialogs when spending renown
    • Battle: Match Resolution now shows Rally Boost
    • Battle: Match Resolution visual improvements on promotion unlocked
    • Battle: Fix Bloody Flail sometimes playing armor VFX/Sound on misses
    • Proving Grounds: Fix Shieldbanger promotion stats
    • Proving Grounds: Fix some issues with character portraits
    • Proving Grounds: Fix Power circle indicator sometimes not showing up in roster
    • Proving Grounds: Fix darkened roster boxes
    • Tutorial: Fix ESCAPE backing out of and breaking the tutorial
    • Tutorial: Fix Strand Help (?) button being inappropriately clickable during tutorial
    • Friends: Friend List loading is more reliable

General Notes:
    • The game always writes log files into $HOME/tbs_logs/. You can access this or email it to us for bug reporting
    • Toggle fullscreen with CONTROL-SHIFT-F
    • Toggle performance indicator with CONTROL-SHIFT-P. The number displayed is milliseconds per frame, not FPS
    • If you crash on startup on Mac OS X, remove the folder "/Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework"
    Last edited by John; 02-23-2013 at 04:52 AM.

Possibly give us half an hour on next update so you don't interrupt the epic pwnage that is going on in The Banner Saga?

Possibly also make the writing a bit more subtle. With its current position there's no way to miss it, so make the font slightly smaller? [couldn't see hit numbers without moving the screen all the time in the game you just interrupted ;p]

Edit: Lol, I got scammed on the Strongarm upgrade. Upgraded right before the update. :| Also, I love the free stat changes. Probably spent 40 or so renown since release tweaking stats on upgrades.

-> I still don't have the stat banner icon in tutorial! The "?" button points it out in its glorious invisibility though. Not clickable, not visible, and I think it's not even there. In 1.5.70 there was an "invisible" box there in the sense that the space was free [shown by clicking the "?" button which didn't have the banner arrow point at the edge of the screen like it does now, but at where the banner button should have been.
    Last edited by Jorgensager; 02-20-2013 at 06:46 PM.

love the changes!

EDIT:

to show my gratitude and good direction with the pricing I gonna buy all variations!
    Last edited by piotras; 02-20-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Yeah, I was about to engage pillage when the server was restarted

I see a new promotion thing over my unit's head in battle (not sure when that was added). I see the variations now fall into my price range (which I never expected). Good stuff.

Odd...the in-game add-to-Steam-wallet window is glitching. If I drag it around, it moves a minute later; and when I press a key, it registers it as my having pressed it 20+ times. Fortunately, it's fine in the Steam client (and presumably any other browser as well).

Quote Originally Posted by franknarf View Post
    Odd...the in-game add-to-Steam-wallet window is glitching. If I drag it around, it moves a minute later; and when I press a key, it registers it as my having pressed it 20+ times. Fortunately, it's fine in the Steam client (and presumably any other browser as well).
    Had the same. Had to copy & paste from browser, but even then it was tricky

My Shieldbanger is suddenly missing a point of armor (making him 9/10), and has lost the ability to be promoted (probably as a side effect of not being at max stats).

Yep, just purchased all the colors. Hope all the new players do the same! Cheers.

PS
    Also noticed VERY lag-tasticness in the steam wallet window. Had to back out and add funds normally.

Minor note, it costs more to purchase 90 renown directly ($2.99) vs purchasing 3x30 (3 x $0.99 = $2.97). Doesn't quite make sense. Otherwise, nice job on the this build, and bought myself some color variations

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Are you able to add a point back in and promote him?

Quote Originally Posted by Lochlan View Post
    My Shieldbanger is suddenly missing a point of armor (making him 9/10), and has lost the ability to be promoted (probably as a side effect of not being at max stats).

11.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    We are working with Steam on ways to improve the performance of their Overlay. Right now it is sadly very buggy, to the extend of not even appearing for a good number of people.

Quote Originally Posted by franknarf View Post
    I see a new promotion thing over my unit's head in battle (not sure when that was added). I see the variations now fall into my price range (which I never expected). Good stuff.

12.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #12
    Yeah we noticed that but figured... what the heck.

Quote Originally Posted by anevilyak View Post
    Minor note, it costs more to purchase 90 renown directly ($2.99) vs purchasing 3x30 (3 x $0.99 = $2.97). Doesn't quite make sense. Otherwise, nice job on the this build, and bought myself some color variations

Quote Originally Posted by anevilyak View Post
    What's funnier is the way this works with the color variations. .99 x 3 = 2.97 for all three variants. Or I could spend 2.99 and get these variants ... plus FUTURE unit variants.

The extra 2 cents are well spent, but it does feel odd to hear a voice in my head saying, "but wait! For just TWO MORE CENTS..."

(Strangely enough, this is also true of Microsoft XBox live "points." Cheaper by a penny to buy two $4.99 cards than 1 $9.99 card.)

Some thoughts after my first game post update yesterday:

Turns out I wasn't scammed on the Shieldbanger upgrade after all, since the points are now free to add ~ my apologies!

Will you consider how the Strongarm ability works? By that I mean to allow him to use it as long as there is space near the edge. Currently it's impossible to use it if your opponent has only 3 squares behind them, even if the final square(s) is(/are) empty. Being unfamiliar with this restriction, I thought it was a bug at first, since it was my first game with the Strongarm.

Secondly, could you revise the colouring of some of the upgraded units? Specifically, I am thinking about the Raidmaster. When his shield is out of sight ~ either hidden or when he faces the far side of the board, he is really hard to distinguish from a Raider ~> akwardness ensues when my archer moves in to do 3 armour damage!

Finally, you should allow us to "unselect" the attack menus by clicking on the floor. My Thrasher ran up to an evil Backbiter to take off a good chunk of his armour, I misclicked his square so I selected the Thrasher instead, and as a result, his special ability button blocked the square I was trying to click (the one with the Backbiter). I was running out of time, so I clicked around the board, but the menu didn't disappear. Turns out I had to click another character for this to happen, and by the time I did that, it was too late ~> no damage inflicted which was awkward after spending a willpoint to make the run! ^_^

(Optimally by having this effect 2+ squares away from the menu squares [the ones covered by options], in case of mis-clicking the floor and running out of time that way. <- Likely to have been one of my next great achievements with the proposed change. ;p )

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Are you able to add a point back in and promote him?
    Yep, and it didn't cost any renown to replace the point so everything is back to normal.

Stats change (and even add, after you promote promoting unit) does not cost any renown now, is it intended?
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

Intended.