Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Factions Screenshot thread! Post Awesome moments here!

Eh? I thought you could. I swear someone was talking about a five-unit team or something...

Anyway, I've got some more screenshots.

I win:

More expert-mode win streak!

AND a reward:

(if anyone's wondering about the chatlog, he first stepped on a Skystriker trap. I later killed his last three units with a single use of Tempest)

Slimsy, love the screenshots. I feel like Mr. Universe from Serenity: "you always bring me the very best violence."

Power superiority!

(there actually were 10 low-statted characters before, just couldn't do the screenshot, steam doesn't work )
    If you don't know where to put it - put it in the pillage

Steelhammer Tribune issues collected here
    Some of my Factions games can be observed here
    Also possible streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/netnazgul

Quote Originally Posted by netnazgul View Post
    Power superiority!
    That is a pretty awesome situation. I once had a fresh SRM just like that mop up a 5 man team on his own, pillage be damned.
    He was subsequently renamed "The Janitor".

I call this one "calm before the storm" (spoiler alert: my Warmaster is going to go blow that Strongarm up that has gotten his armor broke by both my archers with the devastation spreading to nearly the entire opposing force!)

Last edited by Slimsy Platypus; 03-31-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Flanking turtles is quite a lot more fun than flinging coals at them, I say.

There's also a late-game shot here. Obviously, my opponent couldn't read my chat messages

A picture says a thousands words, but for this sequence you only need one. Imba!

I call this one... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #129
    That's the spirit Slimsy! You know this move works just as well at rank 1 for the WL. I've been using him like this and loving it. Not really sure why the WL's not more popular yet with the more skilled players. He's tricky, sure, but can be devastating.

I'd say Rank 1 WL is too predictable. The WL's best use is to help the unit that just moved (and then he can only do it once). Thus, by looking at the initiative and positioning, you can determine exactly what unit the WL will boost on your first turn, then either avoid the area at the beginning, block the path with Raidmasters/Skystrikers, or just maim that unit with your units that move before and after the Warleader. Maybe it should be buffed to give the unit the next turn WITHOUT messing up the init order (creating a temporary turn spot), thus making it a viable power for any unit.

Most skilled players use a Strongarm instead, since he can boost any unit, albeit best the one following him, send them through Raidmasters/Skystriker blocks, and only gives the opponent one turn to maim from the initial move. While the loss of 1-2 armor is a cost, it's worth it over what warleader trades off. Not to mention, the Strongarm's power can be used offensively to make up for their weak break stat and nullify the turns of 0 exertion shieldbangers.

Secondary consideration is the Strongarm is a superior unit to the Warleader. The Strongarm can have high armor and str, with his passive making him win most one vs. one fights. The Warleader never has high armor (too much minimum will), making his barely higher Strength more fragile, and his passive is worthless when he's using his power or using his natural aptitude for breaking.

Having played a Strongarm push tactic for many games, even it gets predictable, and even when it's not explicitly countered, pushing your warrior into the early fray can spell certain loss if he's maimed after his one attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimsy Platypus View Post
    I call this one... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

That is ... truly beautiful.

I ended up making a square

Seemed like a nice composition, a square within a square.

This happened the other night. I was thrilled with the opportunity. I couldn't get a good picture because I was rushing to get the move done (not used to expert mode and didn't know how to quickly snap a screenshot). Hence missing the bottom portion of the screen.

Also, to the person who was asking about punting a unit lengthwise across the firepit... It is possible. The unit just has to be a Varl that's half on them. I know that it works because I did it to an opponent's Shieldmaster. Said opponent then ragequit, but oh well. I liked the move.
    Avatar/banner done by StandSure.

Q-q-q-quadra kill

Five units victory for me, archers were untouched, others were around 6-9 both armor and strenght. Only my Shieldmaster was knocked out. I like how Shieldmasters and Siege Archers are laying next to each other.

My Proving Ground...brings a tear to my eye ;u^ sniff sniff

What.. what happened here ? Did you do hard reset your account or something ?

No...it's beautiful :P the organization and troops falling into ranks

Oh, that it is, indeed !
    Considering the low amount of units in there (I have at the very least double that), I thought for a second that you started again from scratch. My bad !

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast