Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Tirean the Klutz "how to" video series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tirean the Klutz "how to" video series

So I been thinking of a way I could make tutorials which stayed fun and showed people what I was thinking in the game and how I executed it. My idea was to try to do all that in long videos but tonight I had a genius idea. Why not take little segments of each things and make a video of them from my current games! And from that idea the process has began

First video is a "how to attack a turtled position"
    https://www.twitch.tv/tirean/b/370218255

Second video is a short video on the start of the game
    https://www.twitch.tv/tirean/b/370492573#

Third video = An example of how I build my teams.
    https://www.twitch.tv/tirean/b/370940589#

Newest video = discussing why I am adjusting some stats on my newest build.
    https://www.twitch.tv/tirean/b/371236286#

Please tell me what other stuff you would like to see. It could be anything from "how to place RoA correctly" all the way to "how do you play vs X build or with X build."

I'll keep adding videos to the main post on all the basic ones I want to show people, just give me a heads up on how I can improve stuff.. and no I can't change the way I speak
    Last edited by Tirean; 02-25-2013 at 12:47 PM.

I really enjoyed the video, I don't have time to watch entire battles, but it's neat to watch little tutorials. I look forward to watching more in the future.

I haven't though much about the importance of flanking maneuvers in combat. I agree that often the straight on direct attack isn't the most effective. I like seeing how you used your units to trap his and restrict his mobility.

thanks, Tirean, for this great work!

Your video's alright but I can't believe that your opponent let himself in such an awful position in the first place lol. Provoker in a position where it can't tank any damage, Warmaster pathing blocked by a post, every unit stuck in a corner limiting their mobility. What did you do that made your opponent play so passive? That's honestly a lot more impressive than attacking a badly positioned "turtle" imo.

Good stuff. Even in a basic, abbreviated match it was interesting to watch and to think about positioning. I think this would definitely be helpful to new players, as long as they don't get distracted by the unit disparity.

Edit: Oh yeah, thanks for posting..
    ..in my avatar: my wardog & blind warsheep.

Good job buddy, keep it up. Personally, I play with the banners off, but I guess it helps. Should be an option to make them transparent maybe.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Very interesting little video. Well done as usual. I think the guy saw yer ranked units (and perhaps your name?) and got a little defensive. Can't blame him, he made a go of it.
    I liked your flanking positioning advice on these turtles a lot.
    Oh to have some of the old threads where you were arguing that WM's were substandard to the WH.

Grits: To add to what you said it would be nice if you could toggle banners so that they only showed either your units or the opponent's units. Otherwise it's difficult to distinguish them.

Tirean: I'd love to see some videos of how you approach the opening moves of a game. Personally I'm never sure what to do, and start inching my units forwards trying to get into range while trying not to grant the initiative to my opponent.

Tirean, I'd like to request a video on how to fight 2 WM/WM+WH, 3 raider, 1 archer . I'm having trouble against it

i'll do your suggestion next simon280586

And Raven once I get some renown together to buy some more experienced players i'll show off my counter build vs that!

Quote Originally Posted by Tirean View Post
    i'll do your suggestion next simon280586
    Thanks! Looking forward to it.

Been watching a few of your vids the last couple of days and my greatest takeaway from them is how naturally you communicate your reasoning and train of thought without overdoing it.

It's been inspiring to me as a new player and getting it in shorter vids as tutorials is a good idea.

Updated with new video, tell me if you want more information on that Simon did just a quick 4 minute video on it.

14.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
    Love the ending of the beginning game tutorial. End it with the BB Run Through FTW.

Hi bro, you totally said to post my suggestion so here goes.

Do some vids on the intricacies of the initiative system.

There's nuance and good tactical meatiness to it that I knows in there and I think it would be good for bros like me to get that explained by someone with a brain under their helmet.

Also wouldn't be a bad idea to show some examples of how you could manipulate your stats for your guys to get some desired result.

Great vids! I also liked to watch your stream about our two games yesterday, it was interesting to see them from your point of view

Has there already been a match streamed on both sides, so we can see it from both PoV?
    Last edited by gripho; 02-24-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Newest video up and is on how I build a team.

Another video up, links together with my last video as I show how I adjust my newest team stats and why I am adjusting them.
    Last edited by Tirean; 02-25-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks Tirean, very helpful, especially that I used to play an identical build (and similar variations build around the Strongarm) but with a bit higher break BBs rather than RMs and they definitely didn't survive long enough... definitely worth looking into this again!

https://www.twitch.tv/tirean/b/371640194 A couple games showing how I play with my new team, not adding it to the list since I didn't really explain much about why I was doing stuff and + lag. But thought you would like to see them!