Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Build 1.5.92

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Build 1.5.92

Build 1.5.92 Release Notes (hotfix)

Bug Fixes:
    • Prevent tournament competitor from playing too many battles per day
    • Improve server stability and tune scalability

Build 1.5.88 Release Notes

Changes:
    • Versus Power for matchmaking:
      • Unit Power is now equal to their Rank.
      • Party power is equal to the sum of Ranks. This means a party of all base units has a Power of Zero, and a party of all Rank 1 units has a Power of 6.
      • Stats no longer have any affect on Party Power for matchmaking considerations
    • Achievements
      • Added new Achievements for Battles, Wins, Unit Kills, Win Streak, and Elo
      • Achievements are awarded retroactively when you trigger their conditions in battle
      • Achievements are not yet being pushed to Steam, but have been defined there and will be applied retroactively next week.
    • Tournaments: Added Weekly Tournaments.
      • The countdown to Tournament start is shown on the middle banner of the Great Hall.
      • When the Tournament is active, the Tournament banner shows the countdown to ending.
      • Once the Tournament starts, you can join the Tournament for 20 Renown.
      • During the Tournament you can play up to 5 battles per day.
      • These battles accumulate and roll over to the next day of you don't play them all.
      • At the end of the Tournament, the top 3 players by Elo ranking are awarded 200, 100, and 50 Renown respectively.
      • The current Tournament results are shown in the Hall of Valor.
      • The last page of the Tournament section of the Hall of Valor shows all time wins.
      • We will be running our first Tourney to test out the system starting Saturday at noon CST and running for 36 hours ending Sunday at midnight CST. In GMT that is starting at 2013/02/23 18:00:00.
    • Ranking: Ranking Leaderboard now sorts additionally on wins and losses.
    • Battle: Underdog bonus now awards 1 Renown for every 2 Points of power differential.
    • Proving Grounds: Prevent dismissing below 6 units in roster
    • Proving Grounds: Rename unit cost lowered to 10 Renown
    • Versus: No longer possible to back out of a Match once it has been found

Known Issues:
    • Elo Achievements don't show up until the battle _after_ you trigger them.

General Notes:
    • The game always writes log files into $HOME/tbs_logs/. You can access this or email it to us for bug reporting
    • Toggle fullscreen with CONTROL-SHIFT-F
    • Toggle performance indicator with CONTROL-SHIFT-P. The number displayed is milliseconds per frame, not FPS
    • If you crash on startup on Mac OS X, remove the folder "/Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework". If you need to reinstall Adobe AIR, visit this link: https://get.adobe.com/air/
    Last edited by John; 02-25-2013 at 07:32 PM.

thanks for adding the GMT reference John, that's very useful for all of us. i'd say maybe half of the players access from outside usa ?

so this test tournament has a 36 hours length and you can play a total of 5+5 games (saturday and sunday) right ?

now when on steam i can see a line of achievements, if i click to see them all it just prompts me to my profile page, i guess this is what you just said and even if they are there, they are not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    At the end of the Tournament, the top 3 players by Elo ranking are awarded 200, 100, and 50 Renown respectively.
    Global ELO or the local ELO from the tournament? Global ELO would be quite unfair giving good/experienced player a positive feedback advantage.

This update looks really good. Both the way a team's power is rated and the new underdog formula are much better, and look like they'll fair better also for rating once ranks 2 and 3 are active.
    ..in my avatar: my wardog & blind warsheep.

Looks great! I have a question, though:

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Build 1.5.88 Release Notes

Changes:
    • Unit Power is now equal to their Rank.
    • Party power is equal to the sum of Ranks. This means a party of all base units has a Power of Zero, and a party of all Rank 1 units has a Power of 6.
    • Stats no longer have any affect on Party Power for matchmaking considerations
    Party power: Is there a change in how the system considers the strength difference between teams as well? Otherwise this will not be any different from how it was previously [or did people actually actively do the -1 stat exploit? Matches seemed to be somewhat uneven regardless]... Is the idea that it will work better with more people of all levels - i.e. you won't prevent people from getting uneven matches if they wait long enough, because after all, that should be their choice?

• We will be running our first Tourney to test out the system starting Saturday at noon CST and running for 36 hours ending Sunday at midnight CST. In GMT that is starting at 2013/02/22 18:00:00.
    FYI it's the 23rd today..

Edit:
    Lol, achievements got me to that anticipated barracks upgrade a lot quicker than I had otherwise expected!
    https://s193.beta.photobucket.com/use...enown.png.html
    Last edited by Jorgensager; 02-23-2013 at 09:10 AM.

I assume he meant GMT 2013/02/23 at 18:00:00.

I'd like to second the question re: number of games we're allowed for this tournament. 10 games over the 36 hours, with 5 allowed in the first 24 hours? This is going to be difficult for me to get my full 10 games, potentially... given that I'll only have about an hour to get my last 5 games in after work on Monday.

EDIT: Also, do games only count if you have 6 Rank 1 units?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    The in-game tourney banner states "Open to: Rank 1 teams", so one would assume so!

HI Conundrum, the tourney tomorrow is for test purposes, to see if it will work correctly. While yes, it's still a tourney, the regular format will be Wednesday-Sunday, Monday+Tuesday off, 5 battles per day, un-played battles carry-over to succeeding days.

So, don't fret about the "first tourney" think of it like a trial thing.

About the tourneys: Will battles there also influence the global statistics (ELO, WinStreak, ...)? Or are tourney and global stats independent of each other?

Suggestion: Make the ELO achievements trigger after the match you obtain them (i.e. update the ELO counter before returning to Strand).

Is there somewhere we can go in the game to view the achievements we've acquired so far?

12.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    The tournament Elo's will work like this:
    Everyone starts the the tournament with a 'Tourney Elo' of 1000. You ONLY match with other people in the Tourney when you click on the banner to look for a match. We will track both the 'Tourney Elo' and the 'Global Elo' in the Hall of Valor. So the 5 games you play that day will be tracked twice, once the tourney and once for over-all standing. The Tourney Elo will be wiped before the next Tourney starts so everyone's on equal footing. Check on both standings in the HoV.

Only full rank 1 teams will be allowed in the tourney.

Now...we're not sure how the first 1 or even 2 tourney's will go because most of the player base does not have a full rank 1 team yet, but we need to start one today to try and shake the bugs out. The Tourney that starts this wednesday should be larger and the one after that even larger, which is good.

quartex: You can track your achievements through Steam once we're live. Right now they're not displaying correctly. In the future we will put them all, nice and pretty, in the Trophy Tower in Strand for to peruse and pick which one's to sew onto your custom banner for enemies to see when you match in the Versus screen. Your crest will also be sewn onto your custom banner as well. All the art for this stuff is done, we just need time to implement it. Go team!
    Last edited by Arnie; 02-23-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Oh, rank 1 means all rank 1 not total rank 1. Well, someday...

Bug report: there's currently no way to interact with the global chat from within battle, but the help screen in battle still says /g sends to the global chat

I hear people saying that respeccing no longer costs Renown...is that a thing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    I hear people saying that respeccing no longer costs Renown...is that a thing now?
    yes it is

For the record, I believe I was the first to suggest the rank1 = 1point for matchmaking. Don't know if coincidence of not, but glad it made it in!

---

Also, please tell me you can't back out of tournament matches in the 'q'.

PS
    Underdog bonus seems a bit stingy. I think it should be +1 renown for each point under level if you win. Winning with -2 will be so hard anyway.
    Last edited by Grits; 02-23-2013 at 10:59 PM.

18.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    Yep, GMT date fixed.

You can only battle in the tourney with a full team of Rank 1 units.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post

I'd like to second the question re: number of games we're allowed for this tournament. 10 games over the 36 hours, with 5 allowed in the first 24 hours? This is going to be difficult for me to get my full 10 games, potentially... given that I'll only have about an hour to get my last 5 games in after work on Monday.

I think it would be good if you can't rematch in the tournament mode, just play players you haven't played before. It just seems much more in a tournament spirit than being able to rematch.

^ something like that could be good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast