Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a growing team on an exciting new project? Do you consider yourself well versed in the ways and means of durable services, platform integrations, seamless deployments, and streamlined live operations?
Our team at Stoic, 4-time BAFTA nominated independent video game company, is seeking a Game Backend Engineer for development of our next project. You will help us take the project from prototype phase through beta, launch, and live support over a 3+ year timeframe.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with the engineering team to develop the service backend for an exciting and ambitious new game. You’ll be responsible for selecting technology as well as integrating with existing platforms. You’ll be able to take the state-of-the-art to the next level, for highly available and maintainable game services.
- BS Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years experience developing and delivering software services
- 2+ years experience operating a live service
- Experience with cloud and container deployment
- Familiarity with Games as a Service
- Familiarity with best-in-class Games as a Service
- Fully automated deployments
- Thoroughly automated testing of units, integration, and loads
- Experience with both NoSQL and Transactional databases
- Experience with a variety of best-in-class technologies and languages
- Focus on concurrency, security, and high volume transactional services
- Mastery of REST APIs and Websockets
- Load balancing expertise
- Security skills and experience
- Understanding of Stateless Design
Stoic has transitioned to a fully remote workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Contact us at moc.o1611479995iduts1611479995ciots1611479995@sboj1611479995 to apply, or for more information!