Client Gameplay Engineer (UE4)
Our team at Stoic, a 4-time BAFTA nominated video game company, is seeking an Unreal Engine 4 Client Engineer to join us in bustling downtown Seattle. Come join a creative team of dedicated game developers, as we embark on a new journey!
As a Client Engineer, you will work on character animation, ability systems, combat, map rendering, user interfaces, and player-facing game logic. This role does require a specialization in Animation and we require an ‘eye for Art’. Experience and expertise in Console or PC AAA titles is a must.
If you are dedicated to rock solid engineering practices coupled with creative problem solving in a gameplay environment, we would love to hear from you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop character animation systems using UE4 components such as Animation Sequences, Montages, Notifies, and custom systems
- Extend and adapt the UE4 Gameplay Ability System
- Optimize the client to support large numbers of players in a shared environment
- Understand game design and create technical designs based on them
- Iterate with design and art staff to make the best game possible
- Performance optimization, bug fixing, and preparing the title for release quality
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education
- 3 years of relevant experience engineering games, working in Unreal Engine 4 and C++
- Must have shipped at least one AAA (PC or Console) title
- Experience working in UE4 Animation
- Agile / Scrum methodology
- An ability to write clean, efficient, reliable and re-usable code
- Experience with Test Driven Development and automated testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and a motivated self-starter with a positive attitude in the workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Contact us a moc.o1576158596iduts1576158596ciots1576158596@sboj1576158596 to apply, or for more information!