Our team at Stoic, 4-time BAFTA nominated indie video game company, is seeking a DevOps Programmer to join us in bustling downtown Seattle.
You will support the development of infrastructure technology and process for our new project, an online multiplayer game using Unreal Engine 4 on the client side and a variety of cloud technologies on the backend. You will be a force-multiplier on our growing, cross-disciplinary team of 17, joining diverse creatives including Artists, Programmers, Designers, Producers, and others.
On a daily basis you will monitor and improve our automated cloud based systems such as CI/CD, Source Control, Tests, Deployment, Websites, Wiki, as well as on-premise systems such as caches, proxy servers, and firewalls. You will own the budget for related services, and find cost optimizations therein.
You will assist the team defining and developing our game environment deployment process and systems. This ranges from daily development, to formal testing, staging, live, hotfix, and rollback procedures.
Your knowledge and continued learning of best practices will amplify the team’s productivity and ensure the reliability of our releases and deployments. You are encouraged to explore automation opportunities for our entire process.
Your mentorship and guidance of the team will ensure that they are able to best take advantage of our development and operations tools. You will implement and monitor metrics to ensure continual improvement.
We have built our success so far on aspiring to the highest quality, using our skills and attention to detail. Will your unique skills help our studio reach the next level of success?
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage, deploy, and improve automated build (Jenkins) and CI/CD systems
- Implement and manage framework for thorough automated testing
- Develop and maintain release deployment for live services
- Provide tools for Release Management and LiveOps staff
- Maintain, optimize, and upgrade Perforce servers
- Manage a multi-site studio VPN and its linkage to private cloud networks
- Monitor, provision, upgrade, and cost-manage cloud services
- Manage and improve multiple internal services including Web, Wiki, JIRA, etc…
- Create and manage Discord bots for use by our community
- Monitor team development and release metrics and propose improvements
- Follow and evangelize best practices and procedures for development
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Experienced in DevOps for Live Services with a regular release cadence
- Believe in the power of leverage that DevOps provides to the entire team
- Skilled in many of the required technologies, and are able to quickly master others
- Deep experience and mastery of:
- Public cloud systems
- Linux and Windows operating systems
- Scripting in several languages
We are entering the most exciting and promising time for our company. Will you join us and help make our product and team the best they can be?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Contact us a moc.o1576152549iduts1576152549ciots1576152549@sboj1576152549 to apply, or for more information!