Lead Environment Artist
Are you an amazing seasoned digital painter with a great eye for perspective, lighting, color and composition? Do you love painting and creating new worlds? Are you comfortable working with engines and 3d assets, and excited about problem solving? Do you like leading by example, managing and mentoring other artists to produce outstanding art while getting your hands dirty doing amazing art yourself? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a growing team on an exciting new project? Do you consider yourself an inspirational, passionate, and collaborative Lead who is able to inspire, deliver projects on-time and is excited to work with a team of highly respected Game Developers?
Our team at Stoic, a 4-time BAFTA nominated independent video game company, is seeking a Lead 2.5D Environment Artist for the development of our next project. You will help us take the project from prototype phase through beta, launch, and live support over a 3+ year timeframe. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Environment Art Lead and an extended team of highly creative Designers, Artists and Engineers across Stoic.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Environment Art Team and Art Leadership to bring to life a stunning new world with beautiful and exciting set pieces and locations
- Help set and keep the quality of all Environment Art content
- Lead in-house artists and external vendors, creating an uniquely rich world
- Will be able to embrace an unique art style and help maintain / support it
- Help new artists understand the style and produce high quality assets in timely manner
- Be proactive and an active contributor to ideas, meetings, and the project
- Keep studio leads up to date on progress, slippage and risk
- Be able to work independently and mentor other environment artists on the team
- Produce highly-detailed, hand-painted, stylized environment scenes and convert them into game assets
- Communicate clearly and consistently with Art Director, Design Leads and Production Team
- 8+ years of professional experience working as a Lead or Senior Environment Concept Artist in games and/or entertainment industries
- Amazing painting skills with a passion for environments
- Strong eye for color, perspective, light and composition
- Ability to contribute to an established, detailed art style based on animated film backgrounds
- Good understanding of modern engines
- Experience in Console or PC AAA titles
- At least 1 shipped title in a Senior Artist role
- Familiarity with best-in-class Games as a Service (GaaS)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mastery of digital painting software (Photoshop)
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of Materials in Unreal
- Knowledge of 3D software (Maya preferred)
Stoic has transitioned to a fully remote workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Contact us at moc.o1615311789iduts1615311789ciots1615311789@sboj1615311789 to apply, or for more information!