Level Designer (Contract)
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a talented design team to create exciting and fun encounters and mission levels? Do you consider yourself a passionate and talented Level Designer who earns the respect and trust of a team of highly competent Game Designers and Developers? If so, here is an opportunity to work on an exciting new game with a world-class team of experienced creators!
Our team at Stoic, 4-time BAFTA nominated independent video game company, is seeking a Level Designer for development of our next project. You will help us take the project from prototype phase through beta, launch, and live support.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to create action combat encounters, levels and missions using UE 4, as well as work with the Combat Designers on design and implementation of new enemies and boss fights.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education
- 2-3+ years of relevant experience as a Level Designer or Game Designer
- Experience and expertise in Console or PC AAA titles – must have shipped titles
- Experience working in UE4 to create playable content and levels
- Experience creating design documents and communicating designs to a larger audience of Designers, Engineers and Artists
- Familiarity with Games as a Service (GaaS)
- Proactive with an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience creating boss encounters for an MMO or multiplayer action game
- Experience working with Unreal Blueprints
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- A track record of shipping software on time
Stoic has transitioned to a fully remote workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Contact us at moc.o1616424100iduts1616424100ciots1616424100@sboj1616424100 to apply, or for more information!