Sr. Product Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to work on a brand-new title with a team of highly respected game developers, designers and artists? Do you love digging into data in order to understand all aspects of our players’ action, identify pain points, and provide highly-engaging experiences? Do you enjoy solving challenging problems? If you want to turn ambiguous problems into solvable pieces, identify solutions, and communicate clearly with teams and stakeholders this is the role for you.
Our team at Stoic, 4-time BAFTA nominated independent video game company, is seeking a Sr. Product Manager for our next project. You will help us take the project from pre-production through launch, and into live support.
As a Senior Product Manager, you guide and drive the long- and short-term revenue strategies for our games. You utilize an understanding of the competitive and market landscapes, along with qualitative and quantitative data to optimize our games through feature analysis, in-game events, promotions, and economy balancing. You own the live success of our games, working with other stakeholders to develop high-level strategy and drive execution. This is arguably one of the most important roles at the studio.
What you will do:
- Build the capability to provide the right information, on time to support short- and long-term decision making
- Manage the post-launch business service to drive acquisition, retention, and monetization while maintaining a healthy community
- Work with the LiveOps team to define, coordinate, and execute in and out of game activities and events (e.g., pricing and promotions); propose compelling features to improve engagement, retention, and monetization; and report out on performance
- Establish goals and KPIs to measure player base health and business performance. Monitor and escalate potential issues and share performance data with development, publishing, and commercial leadership
- Create, maintain, and optimize ethical monetization models that maximize long-term franchise revenue
- Track player life cycle and acquisition funnel and execute initiatives to grow the player base
- Collaborate with production to ensure events and initiatives are executed successfully in game
- Build models and forecasts to prioritize and predict the impact of new features
- Leverage user research, market research, and analytics data to build a deep understanding of our games and players, identifying ways to improve the player experience to positively impact the business
- Continuously research the existing market and competitive space in order to maintain an intelligent, informed opinion on major risks and opportunities for our games
- Set goals and expectations for events, promotions and help analyze the impact of new features
- Define and measure KPIs and metrics, create dashboards, and monitor game performance
- Analyze player data, evaluating existing operations and potential new opportunities as well as further optimizations
- Report regularly on the health and success of our games
- Collaborate with stakeholders to find optimal solutions and ensure that the execution and implementation of new features continue to align with the high-level strategy for our games which is to create the best player experience possible
- Evaluate features for their impact on players and the business
- Build models to forecast player engagement and their actions within game systems
- Work with stakeholders to develop strategies and operational adjustments for our live games
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management, LiveOps performance, or Monetization Design
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration
- Analytical skills – comfortable with a wide range of industry-standard analysis, e.g. multivariate testing, linear regressions, time series forecasting, ANOVA. etc.
- Passion for delivering the best player experience possible
- Deep understanding of why players spend in games so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible for them
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of game design fundamentals with the ability to prioritize feature and content improvements, and deliver measurable player experience improvements to our live games
- Be a data analysis expert able to pull real insights from data and explain those insights to the team
- Be a collaborator who will work with the team to devise strategies to answer their questions and achieve their objectives
- Be dedicated to creating a great experience for players, operating ethically, and make long-term focused decisions
- Real experience with a live player/user base
- Deep knowledge in the key performance metrics that drive game performance
- Collaborative problem solver, structured and organized thinker, excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage complex projects with diverse stakeholders all over the world (disciplines, regions, etc.)
- Integrity, excellent judgment, and discretion
- Passion for games and the desire to create fun and engaging online experiences
- Strong communication, collaboration, and leadership skills with a proven track record of working on successful teams
- Intellectual humility, curiosity, and communicativeness
- MBA or graduate degree in a relevant field is a plus, but not required
Stoic has transitioned to a fully remote workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Contact us at moc.o1613536786iduts1613536786ciots1613536786@sboj1613536786 to apply, or for more information!