Server Engineer (UE4)
Our team at Stoic, 4-time BAFTA nominated indie video game company, is seeking a Server Engineer to join us in bustling downtown Seattle. Come join a creative team of dedicated game developers, as we embark on a new journey!
As a Server Engineer, you will develop game simulation servers in Unreal Engine 4 and will also work in client-server protocols to develop concurrent player load, synchronization, parallel processes, etc. while maintaining high-performance.
If you are dedicated to creative problem solving and getting things done, we would love to hear from you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, optimize / modify and debug networking and related game engine systems. This also includes accurate analytics tracking of network performance and quality of service
- Participate in design, scheduling, performance and code review process. Will also document software and features for our internal Engineering teams
- While a Bachelors Degree is highly preferred, we are willing to consider candidates with equivalent experience
- Must have 3 years of relevant experience writing code for game / working in Unreal Engine 4 and C++ OOP
- Must have shipped at least one AAA (PC or Console) title
- Agile / Scrum methodology is required
- Experience working in real-time network technology for video games
- Experience working in client-server Architectures within games
- Extensive background working in internet performance issues such as packet loss, latency and bandwidth; must be fluent in TCP/UDP protocol layers
- Familiarity using network simulators for debugging. A passion for networking, troubleshooting and optimization is a must
- An ability to write clean, efficient, reliable and re-usable code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a motivated self-starter who is proactive vs. reactive, and that holds a positive attitude in the work place
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Contact us a moc.o1576152049iduts1576152049ciots1576152049@sboj1576152049 to apply, or for more information!