Are you looking for an opportunity to work on a brand-new title with a team of highly respected game developers? Our team at Stoic, a 4-time BAFTA nominated independent video game company is looking for a seasoned Controller. Do you love video games? Are you excited to direct the financial operations of the company? Your work will enable Stoic to focus on building our next project.
As the Controller for Stoic, you will develop our long-term financial projections, manage our strategic financial relationships, manage day-to-day accounting, and monthly, quarterly, and annual closing processes.
- Develop 7-year financial P&L projections
- Month end, quarterly, and annual close processes
- Provide support for financial statement audits and tax filings
- Manage company spend and expenses
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable to ensure correctness
- Build and maintain best in class processes; automate month-close process
- Prepare monthly and quarterly flux analyses for balance sheet and income statement
- Resolve day-to-day and complex accounting issues
- Work at the lowest level of detail to understand Company operations and proactively identify accounting issues
- Proactively drive improvements in processes and procedures
- Ad hoc finance projects, quantitative analyses, including external audit requests, expense reporting, review of merchant contracts and tax matters
- Work with valuation team to determine annual company valuation
- Annual compliance filings
- Annual evaluation of R&D Tax Credits
- Administrate royalties (in – monthly, out – quarterly)
- Manage banking relationships, state registrations and corporate taxes
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 5 – 7 years of experience, public accounting a plus
- CPA preferred/desired
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and specifically of ASC 606 and ASC 340-40
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented, including proven ability to independently analyze transactions and contracts and document the related accounting analysis under US GAAP
- Knowledge and experience with revenue, FX, accounts payable, accruals, amortization, and prepaids
- Demonstrate the ability to autonomously manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously
- Efficiency in problem-solving, completing reconciliations, and responding to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to understand and articulate multiple points of view
- Highly adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and as part of a team
Stoic has transitioned to a fully remote workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.