User Interface (UI) Artist
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a growing team of Artists for an exciting new project? Do you consider yourself a passionate and collaborative User Interface (UI) Artist who is able to deliver projects on-time while earning the trust and respect of a team of highly respected Game Developers?
Our team at Stoic, 4-time BAFTA nominated independent video game company, is seeking a Senior Producer for the development of our next project. You will help us take the project from prototype phase through beta, launch, and live support over a 3+ year timeframe.
As a UI Artist, you will be collaborating with the development team to build and implement the graphic interface, create in-game layout designs, interactive and graphical components for our new title being created in Unreal Engine 4.
What you will do:
- Work directly with the UX designer and the Art Director defining the look of the game UI
- Design and create high-quality UI art assets in industry standard software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Create, implement and maintain a consistent UI art style throughout the entire project interface
- Support the UX Designer providing quick art assets for prototyping UI/UX flow
- Collaborate with other departments in the creation and implementation of UI systems
- Iterate based on feedback from Design and Art Director to drive and polish UI features and bring them to the highest quality
- Leverage Unreal’s capabilities to produce and integrate high quality art that is also performant
- Be self driven and able to work directly from design documentation, understanding the intended UX with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent sense of aesthetics with examples of graphic design work, iconography, typography and color theory
- Mastery of current trends in graphic design and user interface in games
- Strong knowledge of UX/UI principles, readability and accessibility
- Experience and expertise creating UI for Console and PC AAA titles
- Attention to detail
- Be organized
- Ability to break down tasks and estimate efforts
- At least one shipped title as UI Artist
- Experienced creating materials in Unreal
- Familiar creating VFX, or working with the VFX department, in the UI space
- Familiarity with best-in-class Games as a Service (GaaS)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven track record of successfully shipping software on time
Stoic has transitioned to a fully remote workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Contact us at moc.o1613542600iduts1613542600ciots1613542600@sboj1613542600 to apply, or for more information!