User Experience (UX) Designer
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a growing team of Designers and Artists for an exciting new project? Do you consider yourself a passionate and collaborative UX Designer who is able to deliver projects on-time while earning the trust and respect of a team of highly respected Game Developers?
Our team at Stoic, 4-time BAFTA nominated independent video game company, is seeking a UX Designer for the development of our next project. You will help us take the project from prototype phase through beta, launch, and live support over a 3+ year timeframe.
As the UX Designer, you will be part of the Game Design team and will report to the Design Director. You will use your insight into user behavior to help inform the game’s design at all steps of the design process. You will oversee all aspects of the User Experience, working closely with Designers, Artists and Engineers to ensure our game communicates clearly to players.
What you will do:
- Employ UX evangelism to promote user experience design to help the team see its value at each phase of the project
- Define UI requirements for gameplay features by collaborating with Game and System Designers
- Design and plan the Information Architecture of the game
- Create Interaction Designs and flows using wireframes
- Collaborate with the UI Artist and Art Director to create high fidelity mockups
- Work alongside the UX Engineer and UI Artist to develop frameworks and features.
- Build UX design systems that eases development effort and aids players with learnable and actionable interfaces.
- Conduct user research to create actionable insights across all product phases including UX testing of early prototypes, usability testing, 1:1 and group interviews, and surveys
- 5+ years of experience designing complex UX systems on console and PC
- Strong understanding of research, such as A/B testing, user testing, and analytics.
- Familiarity with common design tools like Figma or Sketch (or similar for creating user flow mockups).
- Work without close supervision but seek out and welcome feedback from the team
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience presenting and defending your ideas to stakeholders of the product and design team.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating user-focused designs with user experience flows, wireframes, and interaction design work.
- Experience designing new features on a live game
- A degree in a related field (Cognitive Psychology, HCI, Interaction Design, etc.)
- 1+ year of experience conducting UX research
Stoic has transitioned to a fully remote workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Contact us at moc.o1613538293iduts1613538293ciots1613538293@sboj1613538293 to apply, or for more information!